Introducing Overhead Door Company of Springfield’s Ugly Garage Door Contest!
From August 1 through August 31, Overhead Door Company of Springfield will be collecting submissions for the ugliest garage door on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/overheaddoorspringfield. (In order to use the Photo Contest app to offer this contest, please use a computer; mobile devices are not supported.) The lucky winner will receive a new Overhead Door garage door, an Odyssey 1000 Belt opener system, along with complete installation!
If you have an ugly garage door and would like to win a new door, why not snap a photo and enter to win? You can vote once every 24 hours during the entire month. Improve your ranking by getting as many Likes as you can, so share your entry with your family and friends!
The contest will end at midnight on Monday, August 31. Contest submissions will be reviewed internally by garage door experts and ranked by the contest moderator. The Grand Prize winner will be announced the week of September 7, 2015.
Check out this spot on Ozarks Marketplace featured on KOLR10 News: see video.
The Ugly Garage Door Contest Official Rules
The Ugly Garage Door Contest is sponsored by Overhead Door Company of Springfield, 707 N. Grant Avenue, Springfield, MO 65802. To enter, go to facebook.com/overheaddoorspringfield, click the Photo Contest button. Then upload up to three photos of your ugly garage door. (See How to Enter below for step-by-step instructions.) Uploaded photos are filtered to a queue to be reviewed by the contest moderator before they are posted.
At the close of the contest (midnight August 31, 2015), further entries will not be considered. Contest submissions will be internally reviewed by garage door experts and ranked by the contest moderator. The number of Likes on a photo improves a contestant’s chance to be ranked higher. Facebook users can vote one time every 24 hours before the contest deadline.
Overhead Door Company of Springfield will contact the contest winner and coordinate a time to set up the installation. All prizes must be claimed in person at Overhead Door Company of Springfield within 30 days of the initial claim or the prize will be forfeited.
The Ugly Garage Door Contest is available to anyone over 18 years of age. Employees of the Overhead Door Company of Springfield and its parent company are excluded.
The grand prize winner is not qualified to win another prize sponsored by Overhead Door Company of Springfield for 360 days.
Any contest submission which does not include a photo of a garage door is automatically disqualified. By entering this contest, you’ll also receive special offers and email updates from Overhead Door Company of Springfield.
How to Enter
We have determined that the Facebook Photo Contest app we are using to offer this contest does not support mobile applications. Please use a computer to enter the contest.
Complete the following steps to enter the Ugly Garage Door Contest:
- Go to facebook.com/overheaddoorspringfield.
- Under the Facebook cover photo, click the Photo Contest button.
- On the Contest tab, read through the contest details.
- Click the Upload Photos tab.
- At the upper-left corner, click the Upload button.
- In the Upload window, read the PhotoContestApp details, and then click the Upload Through App button.
- Click the Choose File button to navigate to the photos you want to upload. NOTE: You can upload up to three photos of your ugly garage door.
- In the Email Address box, enter your email address. NOTE: this is a required field so we can contact you if you are the contest winner.
- In the Phone Number box, enter your phone number. NOTE: this is a required field so we can contact you if you are the contest winner.
- In the Caption box, enter a caption for your photos. NOTE: this is a required field; enter a brief description about your entry.
- At the bottom of the Upload window, click the Upload button.
- When the system processes the upload, the photos are sent to a queue to be reviewed by the contest moderator. Click the Close button to close the Upload window.
- To share that you entered the Ugly Garage Door Contest, click the Upload Photos tab and then click the Share button.
- In the Post to Facebook window, enter your comments about entering the Ugly Garage Door Contest and click the Share button to post it to your Facebook account.
- Facebook users can vote one time every 24 hours before the contest deadline.
- Share your entry with your family and friends.
- The number of Likes on photo improves your chance to be ranked higher.
- Grand Prize is based on the garage door size represented in the contest submission.
Each contest participant will have a chance to win a new Overhead door garage door and Odyssey belt opener system with complete installation unless otherwise announced. The size of the garage door prize will be based on the garage door represented in the contest submission. A prize certificate will be presented from Overhead Door Company of Springfield after the winner has been successfully confirmed to meeting the requirements of the Official Rules. A state photo ID must be presented by the actual winner to claim the prize.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- By entering, each contestant accepts and agrees to be bound by these rules. All decisions made by Overhead Door Company of Springfield will be final and binding.
- The giveaway is open to legal U.S. residents except employees of Overhead Door Company of Springfield, its parent companies, affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, franchises, advertising agencies, fulfillment companies, printers, distributors and mailers and the immediate families or members of the same household of each.
- The winner must the homeowner in order to accept the Ugly Garage Door Contest prize.
- The winner will be contacted by a representative of the Overhead Door Company of Springfield during the month of August. No contest information will be given out over the phone.
- Contestants must be at least 18 years of age.
- By participating in this promotion, individuals agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Overhead Door Company of Springfield, its parent companies, affiliates and its respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from all claims, damages and expenses arising out of participation in the Photo Contest and/or acceptance of the prizes offered. Overhead Door Company of Springfield, its parent companies, affiliates and its respective officers, directors, employees and agents, accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or usage or misuse of any prize awarded hereunder.
- The following media outlets are in no way liable for any part of this contest: KOLR10, KOZL Z27, and Ozarksfirst.com.
- Odds of the prize will be determined by amount of entries received. One winning contest entry shall be announced after the contest period has ended.
- If the person with a selected photo contest entry fails to comply with any of the eligibility requirements or does not sign affidavit acceptance, an alternate winner shall be selected.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed or exchanged. No substitutions allowed.
- All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. For annual winnings valued at $100 or more, the winner will be provided with an IRS Form 1099 for tax purposes.
- By entering, each entrant consents to the use of his/her voice, name and/or likeness for advertising and promotion purposes. Overhead Door Company of Springfield makes no warranty, representation or agreement that any videotape of likeness of the winner will be broadcast or otherwise be used in any manner.
- Acceptance of all awards must be claimed in person at the Overhead Door Company of Springfield at 707 N. Grant Avenue, Springfield, MO 65802 and must be claimed by the winner with valid identification. If the winner is unable to accept, the prize will be forfeited.
- Overhead Door Company of Springfield reserves the right to amend rules of the Ugly Garage Door Contest due to unforeseen circumstances beyond its control and consequently discontinue the photo contest at any time.
Rules and prizes are subject to change without prior notification. Official rules will be available at the Overhead Door Company of Springfield and posted on the Internet at www.overheaddoorspringfield.com/news/introducing-overhead-door-company-of-springfields-ugly-garage-door-contest. Decisions regarding any interpretation of these rules remain the sole discretion of Overhead Door Company of Springfield and are final.